8.10.2007

The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005)

Crude. Yes, very crude. But very very funny. There were some crude parts that I didn't find funny, but not many.

A film that focuses it's energies on using as much talk about sex in order to encourage you to wait for sex is a film for everyone - promonents of virginity and promiscuity. Quite clever of the writers.

The acting in this film, many of them now stars in other films, are comedic geniuses. I was impressed with Catherine Keener especially. It contains a great blend of awkward, gross, and set-ups that keep the jokes fresh and situations interesting.

The idea of peer pressure at 40 helps put the idea of peer pressure into perspective. One starts to wonder why on earth the "virgin" keeps listening to his friends after each disaster.

There isn't much that I can say about this movie except that I enjoyed it much more than I expected that I would. I look forward to seeing Knocked Up.

Official Site | IMDB

1 comment:

Unknown said...

did you see the extended, uncut version? it's crudeness is unmatched. but funny - yes very funny.